Incumbent Worker Training Program (IWTP)
What is the IWTP?
The Incumbent Worker Training Program (IWTP) offered by the Louisiana Department of Labor (LDOL) creates a better trained workforce in the state by granting employers the funds to improve employee training.
This partnership between LDOL, business & industry and training providers like Global is funded by Unemployment Insurance (UI) contributions dedicated solely for customized training.
What are the benefits of the IWTP?
The IWTP helps your business with the costs of customized training. Some of the advantages of customized training are:
Retention of Workforce
Increased Job Opportunities
Who Can Participate in the IWTP?
- Employers seeking to provide customized training for its workers to prevent job loss caused by obsolete skills, technological change, or national / global competition.
- Employers seeking training to create, update or retain jobs in a labor demand occupation.
- Employers seeking training to update or retain jobs in a non-labor demand occupation, if the program administrator determines the services are necessary to prevent likely loss of jobs.
- Labor or community organizations seeking training for a labor demand occupation for industry workers who were working within the past 12 months, and aren’t receiving unemployment insurance benefits at the time of the training.
- Consortiums of one or more eligible employers, labor or community organizations seeking training for incumbent workers in labor demand occupations.
- A local economic development entity & one or more eligible employers seeking to provide customized training for workers in a labor deman occupation.
Am I eligible for IWTP?
- Have been in business in the state for at least three years, contributing to the workforce development training accout, and be in full compliance with Louisiana’s UI laws,
- Have at least 15 people to be trained, and
- Cannot be receiving Small Business Employee Training (SBET) concurrently.
IN ADDITION, REQUESTS FOR TRAINING MUST BE TO:
- Prevent job loss caused by obsolete skills, technological change, or national or global competition, or
- Create, update, or retain jobs in a labor demand occupation, or
- Update or retain jobs in an occupation which is not a labor demand occupation, if the administrator determines that the services are necessary to prevent the likely loss of jobs.
How can I get a grant for training my employees under the IWTP?
Call our office at 337.593.8693 or toll-free at 877.593.8693 and we will help you determine if you qualify for an IWTP grant, and help you through the process.
Information presented on this page comes from the LA Works website, and can be accessed directly from that site by clicking here. For more information on qualifying and obtaining an IWTP grant please call Global offices at 877.593.8693